Thursday, February 16, 2012

World Map Part 2

As I write this I have a pounding headache from paint fumes and too much sun, but I'm proud to say that my vacaciones utiles class and I made a major dent in our World Map Project. We painted the counties (on Tuesday) and did the ocean today. Now I just need to label the countries. Here are a few photos from this week:
To paint the countries we worked in groups of 2 to 3. Each group had a color, and was responsible for painting their specific countries. Here you see the Purples (L to R: Yoselina, Fernando, and Susy) working alongside the Blues (L to R: Keven and Jefery).

Jacki and Fatima observe Keven and Jefery at work.

Me on Tuesday next to all the painted countries. I started getting everything ready at 7:30am, kids worked from 9:00 to 12:00, and I was done touching up at 2:00 pm. A solid day.

We did the ocean in two waves (I guess there's a pun there). Girls did the delicate painting around the edges, and then the boys did the big stuff with the bigger brushes. 

The boys hitting the big stuff. 

This is half the crew from today next to our obra (work of art). The other half were too shy to have their pictures taken.