Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Shout Out

I'd like to give a heartfelt early Mother's Day shout to all the moms in my life, especially 'Big Lou' . The list is too long to include everyone here, but I'm sure you know who you are. You're the wise ladies that have taught me everything I know, cared for me and, of course, set me straight whenever I needed it. Although only "My real Mom" (As we say here in Peace Corps to distinguish between our PC Moms and our biological mothers) is the one who brought me into this world, you've all gaven me so much. Thanks. You're on a very special list for me.

 And on this note, I'd like to give a shout out to the newest mother I know, (drum roll)..... Mar..., oops, I mean DINA!!

She was dealt a tough hand with her oldest son. Just last August she met him for the first time. He showed up with two large backpacks, and a permanent look of either shock or confusion. He's a goofy looking kid, that did (still does) weird things that she couldn't help to laugh at on a regular basis. Although she doesn't laugh at him as much as before,  she still cracks up whenever he refers to her as mom (understandable, since we're both the same age; and I definitively look a little different than rest of the kids). Anyway, I'm lucky to have all of you super women in my life, Dina included. And to celebrate her introduction to the club I got her the following gift:



Here are some extra Dina pics: