Monday, September 2, 2013

Blog Stats from Last Month

Ever go somewhere for vacation and attend an event or church, and the leader says something like: "Boy, I see all kinds of new faces here today! Where are we all from!? Who's traveled the furthest??" I've seen it happen more than once (Shout out to Father Mike and the Dog Pound at the "Living Waters" on Memorial Day Weekend, 4th of July Weekend, and Labor Day Weekend).

Anyways, I thought I'd share the following stats with you guys. It shows where my blog visitors are coming from*. The blue places are the active visitors (Shout out to Montana!).






*I hope I don't scare you with this "big brother" type information (Boo!).

** The last time I looked at this information, I shared with Jeff that it was interesting that I had few visitors from countries in the former Eastern Block. I couldn't figure out why, but soon after I started to receive smart-ass comments on my blog from a guy claiming to be in Bulgaria or Romania... It was Jeff, and I so decided that allowing blog comments wasn't a good idea. You can thank for Jeff for loosing that feature.

After Googling it, the most probable reason I had visitors from those countries is due bots (hacked computers in a network) trying to spam my account with links in the comment section. Once I removed the comment option, these visitors went away... FYI.