Thursday, January 5, 2012

You've Got Mail

At the hostel in Hauraz with the latest wave of packages.


The mail system here Peru is a little slow, but this is worsened by the fact that I have to go to the capital city to get my packages. With SerPost (the Peruvian mail company) being closed on Sundays, there are sometimes when a package has to wait for me couple week, even after it's long arrival.

However, that is no excuse for how delayed I've been in giving shout outs the various people who have taken the time, made the effort, payed the money, and sent me a package. Thank you so much to all of you, I really enjoy getting stuff from home.

Besides myself, I think the other volunteers and my host family love my packages as well. The volunteers help eat the pounds of candy and other sweets, and my host family is amazed that whatever item I give them really came all the way from the United States. I'll admit that I'm also amazed at times.

Thanks a ton!